Monday, August 15, 2005

He's feeling slightly rough

Rob, of Night Hawk, wineblogging, and ceramics fame, sustained an owie:
The injury I sustained was that the tendon that attached my heel to my calf has snapped. Yep. Ouch. I go under the knife soon to sew it all back together. Posting will be off for a few days, and then I have no idea what my schedule will be. The recovery time for this injury is a year. I'll be on crutches and in a cast for a long-ass time.
Yikes. According to his Audioblogger post, it might be an outpatient surgery. Let's hope it goes better than this, from an old Weekend Update:
Doctors at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital are hard at work developing a new operation to remove an appendix without anesthesia. The operation is exactly the same as the one with anesthesia, with one key difference - it hurts like a bastard!
Prayers go out to Rob.

1 comment:

Rob Booth said...

Thanks Matt. I'm out of surgery. Recovering ok.