Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sullivan 'apologizes' for continued existence

Andrew Sullivan has written his gajillionth "look at me, I'm gay and have HIV" piece:
"People are in such denial about how serious HIV is. Unfortunately, the best prevention is seeing people die." - Michael Weinstein, president of the AIDS Healthcare Foundation.
I'm sorry. It has taken me a long time to say this, but it's time: I'm sorry.
I've even enjoyed sex more since I became positive -- more depth, more intimacy, more appreciation of life itself. Sorry.
Hey, who cares if he's knowingly exposing others to certain death? At least there's "more intimacy."
I look physically and mentally healthier than ever.
Someone can look mentally healthier? Okay...
I know that by just going daily to the gym, walking on the beach, or dancing at the occasional circuit party, I am the cause of more people getting infected with HIV.
It's not so much the walks on the beach that spread HIV, Andrew. It's more the continued ass-banging. And what "circuit party?" My guess is it's the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
In the future I'll try to look sicker. Or I'll stay home more. Promise. I'll try to get depressed. I won't work out. I'll stay off TV.
Ooh, promise?

No comments: