Friday, January 14, 2005

I wish I were Browns quarterback Jeff Garcia

Sure, I'd have to live in Cleveland. Yes, I'd have a 4-12 record. And I'd be hobbling around with a season-ending knee injury. But I'd get to see one hell of a catfight:

The Playboy Playmate galpal of Cleveland Browns QB Jeff Garcia, accused of grabbing a dance pole and karate-kicking Garcia's ex in the head, was found not guilty of assaulting the woman, a judge ruled last night. However, Judge Anita Laster Mays said Carmella DeCesare did violate a protective order the pigskin player's scorned sweetie, Kristen Hine, had against the reigning Playmate of the Year. During the three-day misdemeanor assault trial in Cleveland Municipal Court, the judge heard testimony from Hine, 32, who accused DeCesare, 22, of kicking her in the head last Aug. 21 at a nightspot called Tramp. How apropos. Testimony revealed the women apparently were brawling over the affections of Garcia, who took the stand this week in his newer, younger Playmate's defense. He portrayed his ex as an obsessive groupie with an annoying attraction for him.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go work out. Less than eight months until NFL training camp starts, and now I'm motivated.

No comments: