Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Doc offers free abortions for storm victims

It's been great to see residents of the Gulf Coast open their hearts in generosity to their fellow citizens. Then again, you just knew some scumbag would screw it all up:
A doctor has offered to perform free abortions on hurricane evacuees, saying it may be too dangerous for them to wait until they return home. Despite protests from abortion opponents, Little Rock Family Planning clinic director Dr. Jerry Edwards said he has already performed six free abortions. The clinic usually charges between $525 and $600 for a first-trimester abortion. "If we didn't provide it now, they would get it later — a late-term abortion that would give greater risk to the mother's health," Edwards told KTHV-TV in Little Rock.
What a sweetheart. Dr. Edwards has inspired me to perform similar acts of generous violence. Selfless, caring soul that I am, for the next week I'll be more than happy to toss hurricane victims down flights of stairs, dropkick stranded puppies, and coldcock elderly evacuees. No charge. Don't thank me, I'm just doing my duty.

No comments: