Saturday, September 24, 2005

Aftermath

After a thorough inspection of Mattsapundit Central Command, my best estimate of insured losses is... Zero. Excellent. In my inspection, I also realized that my palatial compound could use some more routine maintenance. Problems include:
  • My little "backyard" is being overgrown by stuff I didn't plant.
  • Front gate is all rusty
  • Siding has some rot
  • Garage door is still a water-damaged 24-foot turd.
But that's all low priority stuff right now. You see, due to bad planning by Mattsapundit emergency preparedness personnel, there's not much non-Campbell's food at Central Command, and I'm getting hungry. Not hungry like "I could go for a Snickers bar." Hungry like "I could eat the ass out of a dead rhinoceros." Mattsapundit Mobile Command is also thirsty for hot, delicious octane. So we're heading out to the abandoned wasteland that used to be a city of five million, in search of vittles. I'll take lots of pictures and post them Monday morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My (Royko) T-Shirt Suggestion to Lone Star Times post:

Suggestion:

HC Katrina Refugeees: Collected taxpayer-funded $2,000.00 Debit Cards for the men to take and spend at the strip clubs, and most to buy jewelry and some to hook-up on Meth and crack; also, HUD chipped in a free home for up to five years, and a month’s free fares on Houston METRO’s choo choo.

HC Rita survivors: A stinking T-Shirt.