Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Chron Yankee gloats over Pats, slams Texas

MeMo's Kyrie O'Connor is pushing the limits of our newfound blogger detente, as her Yankeeness gushes out:

Hey, Texas, can you spell N-E-W E-N-G-L-A-N-D? How about B-E-L-I-C-H-I-C-K? Nothing ticks off a Texan, MeMo has discovered, more than pointing out how many sports powerhouses reside in that teensy little six-state area way northeast of Beaumont. But we figure a lot of Texans were sitting there chomping on chicken wings and scratching their heads, trying to figure out how anything could be called a Super Bowl if it didn't involve UT or A&M.

For an analysis, I've brought in a special consultant. Ashley, a former St. Pius X High School classmate and loyal LST tipster weighs in:

Apparently we

    1. can't spell
    2. do not know the geography of the United States
    3. are idiots
    4. have no interest in professional football and
    5. scratch our heads in confusion watching a non-A&M-tu matchup.
      I'm certainly scratching my head in confusion, but it's because I'm wondering what happened to my newspaper and why it is infested with liberals like her.
    Heh. If I were Kyrie O'Connor, I'd be wary of calling it a dynasty. After all, that "dynasty" was in large part fueled by offensive coordinator Charlie Weis. And we all know what he's doing next season.

    No comments: