Monday, January 10, 2005

Samsung unveils 8.5-foot-wide plasma HDTV

I know what you've been saying to yourself, potential electronics buyer. "Gee, I like those flatscreen TVs, but they're too darn small and affordable!" Your wait is over:

Display makers from Japan and South Korea showcased a variety of large-size HDTVs (high-definition televisions) at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2005 in Las Vegas (Jan 6-9). Sony displayed a 70-inch LCOS (liquid crystal on silicon) HDTV, priced at US$10,000-12,000, and Howard Stringer, chairman and CEO of Sony America and vice chairman of Sony, said that Sony expects take a leadership position in the emerging HDTV market in 2005. (snip) Samsung also emphasized HDTVs at the show. The company showed a variety of HDTVs, including a 57-inch wide-screen LCD TV, as well as an 80-inch and a 102-inch PDP TV.

That's what I want: a TV so big the crawl on Fox News would give me a seizure. Seriously, I want one.

No comments: