Monday, December 19, 2005

Don't bother ringin' it up; it's for a duck

Kudos to the lovely and talented Anne Linehan, who hooked me -- and a whole bunch of fellow conservative Houston bloggers -- up with free food at Wolfgang Puck Express this weekend. It was nice to catch up with everyone: Anne's husband and rugrats, Evan, Sedosi, Kevin and Callie, Chris and Christy Elam, and the Rorschach family. It was nice to prove to everyone that Diane is actually a real person, despite what Callie may think. WP Express is a combination fast-food/sit-down experience, sort of like Cafe Express. The menu features salads, pizzas, sandwiches, pasta dishes, etc., in addition to beer and wine. This was a brand-new store, in the Town Center area of Sugar Land, and Saturday's meal was a dry run, which gets the staff trained and broken in before paying customers arrive. It's a win-win scenario: realistic training for the waiters and cooks, and free food for Matt. I had the meatloaf, which was served atop a bed of deliciously creamy, garlicky mashed potatoes, with a side of grilled veggies. The meatloaf was delicious. I have to agree with Rorschach:
And I have to tell you, meatloaf is not normally one of my favorite foods, but this stuff you'd loose a finger if you tried to take it away from me.
Pretty much. Diane had a chicken pesto sandwich, which was really good. Overall, a great place with very friendly service. And it was free. Hells yeah.

3 comments:

Matt Bramanti said...

He does not like it in a house,
He does not like it with a mouse.
He does not like that Wolfgang Puck.
He does not like it! Fuck fuck fuck!

Anonymous said...

No giving away any of my secrets.

Rorschach said...

Matt, I gotta tell ya, if the redhead you were with (Diane you say her name was? I didn't get a chance to say hi..) ever wises up and dumps ya, I might just have to rethink those marriage vows... I always had a thing for red hair... =D
Seriously though, she is a hottie, you are FAR too lucky....
Us old married guys can only look and drool...