Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Memorial Eye Center and the five-hour burrito

Let me preface this with what I expect as a customer: I want a business to appreciate the value of my time and money. I want businesses to realize that they are competing with other businesses for that time and money. Memorial Eye Center fails big time. I went in to order a pair of glasses. I picked out a pair, and told the woman that I'd like to buy them, filled with my prescription, which the store has on file. She spent a couple minutes filling out a form, then said "Oh, these will take a little longer." Apparently that frame requires the use of a machine that the store didn't have. Okay, fine. "How long?" "About two weeks." TWO WEEKS?! Are you freaking kidding me? Keep in mind that I can think of at least a half-dozen places where I could get glasses in AN HOUR. Let's say Memorial Eye Center is open 50 hours a week. That means that this East Berlin of an eyeglass store takes 100 times longer than its competitors to make the exact same product. Here's an analogy. Let's say you like Taco Bell. You drive through Taco Bell once a week and buy a burrito. Average time for the transaction is, say, three minutes. Would you go to a competing taco joint and wait FIVE HOURS (3 min x 100) for the exact same burrito? Yeah, me neither. Memorial Eye Center, you suck.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Two words...LASIK!

Anonymous said...

Memorial Eye has the worst customer service in Central PA. Deanna Gergal the "Refractive Surgery Coordinator" messed up our appointment so bad that we had to go with another company for Lasik. If you are thinking of getting lasik go anywhere but Memorial Eye.