Thursday, March 24, 2005

Welcome to Bizarro World: Part II

We have another instance of a person being arrested for trying to stop an unjust death:
A Southern Illinois woman was arrested last week (March 17) after trying to intervene on behalf of her 14-year old daughter's effort to have an abortion. The girl was allegedly taken to an abortion clinic by the mother of the man allegedly to have impregnated the 14-year old.
“My husband and I rushed to the abortion clinic where we saw our daughter’s name on the roster and the time she had checked in,” the mother said. She then went into the clinic and searched a room filled with young women awaiting abortions but did not see her daughter. She took a seat near the main desk and said, “I was told I could not prove my daughter was there so I began calling her name. A medical tech at the clinic told me , ‘It’s your daughter’s rights, it’s her body. You have no rights.’” After continuing to call out her daughter’s name and telling her “don’t do it,” authorities were called and the mother was arrested.
In case you missed it, here's Bizarro World Part I.

No comments: